Annotations for Leap Write In! : Adventures in Creative Writing to S-T-R-E-T-C-H & Surprise Your One-of-a-Kind Mind
Random House, Inc.
Invite your jittery mind into quiet slips of timed or untimed writing experiments that are designed to encourage your timid heart to forge forgotten feelings and entice your shy-self to make friends with emerging emotions. With a bounty of prompts to select from, you'll be inspired to explore all the wacky, confusing, brave, soul-stirring wonderings and wanderings of your emerging life's inner treasure in a way that's sure to unleash what you most need to say. In this book you'll find:
• On-the-Spot Drops that offer quick "free-fall" prompts on different themes, such as short-winded poems and seven-line stories.
• Mini Memoirs to unlock personal narrative to share, or not.
• Suddenly a Story suggestions to explore feelings and states of being like fear, reluctance, compassion, kindness, anxiety, anger, jealousy, happiness, and more.
• Surprise Yourself Surveys for those who think they know everything about themselves.
• Untie-Your-Mind Word Lists to jump-start stalled imaginations.
• Definition Decoders to introduce new ideas and styles of writing.
Created especially for tweens, teens, and other earthlings, this book provides you with a chance to create imaginative poems, stories, fragments, and real-life on-the-spot sketches. All that's required is that you take a breath, relax, reset, and leap write in!