Annotations for Power Foods for the Brain : An Effective 3-Step Plan to Protect Your Mind and Strengthen Your Memory
Baker & Taylor
A doctor, clinic researcher and health advocate offers a nutritional plan for improving brain function, reducing irritation and lack of focus and preventing diseases by adding foods rich in folates and B vitamins and reducing dairy, alcohol and toxic metals. 75,000 first printing.
Baker & Taylor
Offers a nutritional plan for improving brain function, reducing irritation and lack of focus, and preventing diseases by adding foods rich in folates and B vitamins and reducing dairy, alcohol, and toxic metals.
Hachette Book Group
Could that glass of milk affect your memory? Is that aluminum can increasing your risk for Alzheimer's disease? Can a banana be a brain booster? Everyone knows that good nutrition supports your overall health, but did you know that certain foods can protect your brain and optimize its function?
In POWER FOODS FOR THE BRAIN, Dr. Neal Barnard has gathered the most important research and studies to deliver a program that can boost brain health, reducing the risk of Alzheimer's disease, stroke, and other less serious malfunctions, including low energy, poor sleep patterns, irritability, and lack of focus. The plan includes information on:
- The best foods to increase cognitive function and boost folate, vitamin B6, and vitamin B12
- The dangers dairy products and meats may have on memory
- The role alcohol plays in Alzheimer's risk
- The latest research on certain toxic metals, like aluminums found in cookware, soda cans, and common antacids
- Plus, 50-75 recipes and timesaving kitchen tips.