Annotations for Ultimate Weird but True : 1,000 Wild and Wacky Facts and Photos
Baker & Taylor
With a bold, colorful design and a heavy dose of visual humor, a large-format hardcover boasts 1,000 cool facts, 500 photos, CGI-style illustrations and funny infographics which prove that truth can be stranger than fiction.
Random House, Inc.
Did you know that a great white shark can weigh as much as 15 gorillas, that you drink the same water as the dinosaurs did, or that there's a car that drives underwater?
This supersized, hardcover addition to the blockbuster Weird But True series, Ultimate Weird But True is packed 1,000 amazing facts and eye-popping photos that prove truth really is stranger than fiction. With a colorful, metallic cover, a kid-friendly design, and a wacky sense of humor, this stunning book will give kids a winning combination of smarts and fun.
Flip through these boldly-designed pages and you'll find hundreds of snack-size stories about weird animals, space vacations, wacky inventions, freaky weather, amazing feats, wild extreme sports, and more. You'll discover:
· A real-life Spider-Man man who scales skyscrapers with his bare hands
· A fish that plays soccer
· A $150,000 diamond-studded cupcake
· A man who makes himself invisible
· An upside-down house
· A hotel shaped like a giant beagle
· Tornadoes of fire
· A mouse that hitched a ride on a frog's back
· A dog that can read
· A motorcycle shaped like hamburger
· A 13-foot-tall pink poodle
· Millions of red crabs
· A white alligator
· A robot that can do your grocery shopping, and much more…
· Plus, cool illustrations, and "Ultimate Secret Revealed" features that explain the strange truth behind the most mind-bending facts, such as how it's possible to convert peanut butter into a diamond and how frogs can fall from the sky